Monday, December 24, 2007

Soccer on Saturday

On Saturday, I played against wood bridge. We knew they were going to be a difficult team.

The game started and I was put in net....again. I was kinda disappointed but my dad told me to play and try hard anyway. The game started and they quickly put one on me. It hit the post and then they scored da rebound.

No more goals in the first half so we went on to the second. That was when I got my game on. They started strong again and kept striking shots at me. I just dived, saved, and cleared everything. Now, about the referee. The Woodbridge parents were getting mad and yelling things like "Come on, you moron, he had advantage" or "How much did Waterloo pay you to call that?!!?!?". But, still, they had a reason. The referee gave #66 a penalty ( 2 minutes ) for blocking a kick in twice. A PENALTY IN SOCCER????? I couldn't help but laugh. It was too funny.

Eventually, I sent a ball to Adam B., he passed to Joel, then POOM!. 1-1. Then a minute later, the same thing happened. Same play and POOM! 2-1. Then, with 2 minutes to go, they started pressing and I was getting scared. They got a breakaway with 10 seconds to go!!! The player came to me, I ran out, we collided, I sent him to the ground and(of course) took my time to get the ball. 2-1 . We managed to stay undefeated for now...........


After that, I got about 27 congratulations and my dad nicknamed me Santi "Spiderman" Almada. Now I even have a cool nickname. We left the field and went to eat but that's a whole other story........

1 comment:

santi49 said...

Santi, you truly were Spiderman last Saturday. I believe it probably was the best game I have ever seen you in the net. It's true, you didn't want to play, but everytime that has happened, you have had fantastic performances.

I'm very happy that you're still taking advice from your old man. Maybe the fact that I'm a soccer coach too helps a little, but I know that many kids your age would have been telling your parents to shut up if they dare to say something to their kids. You can also see that even though I'm a coach, I'm very respectful of Frank and Steve, and would never give you an indication during the game. Even if I did, you must always go with what they tell you, not me. In the "A" team, my role is that of a father, and I'm there to cheer for you.

But not this upcoming Saturday, as you know they have asked me to coach the team with John! Isn't that funny? I never got to play that role for the "B" team, and I will have my debut with the Warriors! :-)