Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Strathroy Kick-Off Cup

I just got home from my tournament in Strathroy. Basically, they took all the teams from my division, put them into groups and made them battle it out. So yeah. We were in a group with Guelph Royals and Windsor FC, which looked accessible.

We came into the first game with our hopes well high. So, we went into the game with a basic 4-4-2. I was on the bench [ :( ] and then came on at half, maybe before.
Anyway, Joel picked up a shot which rebounded off the keeper and went in. So we were up 1-0. Then, Patric basically did the same thing which got him a goal. Then, Nick decked out the entire defense and scored a great strike. So, that was the first half in a nut shell. The second half started and I didn't see much of the ball. So, once I had a chance, I went back and picked up the ball, got by three players and blasted it near post. Goal. 4-0. So that was that. Game one was over.

My dad was gone so I went to a camp site with coach Frank, Nick and Adam. We went fishing and I caught two trout. RAINBOW trout. Yes, I was very happy.

So, five painstaking hours past and we were back on the field for game two. The game started and I was on the bench again. Anyway, we were 0-0 at half and I came on! Adam B. took two shot and BAM ! BAM ! 2-0. So the game continued. 2-0. Final score.

So, we went on to play today against London Arsenal White. The best team in the league and 5th in Ontario. We got owned 4-0. But, I was happy with the result. So, I hope Kitchener does good and beats them tomorrow!

1 comment:

Gabriel said...

Santi, I'm still waiting for more posts from you. Like that one about your trip to Ottawa.

Who cares that it happened almost two months ago? It's still good reading material